Thompson steps down as London Colney boss
- Credit: Archant
Ryan Thompson has decided to call quits on his time at London Colney.
Thompson took the reins at the Blueboys at the beginning of the 2011/12 season and guided them to promotion in his first year.
A seventh placed finish followed and this year the club consolidated its place in the SSML Premier Division by coming seventh again. Thompson’s side showed its credentials by taking big scalps in the league, such as Hanwell Town and Colney Heath.
• London Colney held its end of season awards on Saturday following a 2-0 win over London Lions.
Held at the club’s Cotlandswick ground, the winners on the night were Martin Collins, who picked up players’ player, Spencer Clarke-Mardell, who scooped manager’s player, and Tom Smith, who was voted as the supporters’ player of the year.
You may also want to watch:
Clarke-Mardel and Matt Newman were on target as the Blueboys swept London Lions aside on Saturday. The teams were set to meet last Thursday but bad weather meant the game was moved to Tuesday night.
The points went the same way on Tuesday as Bobby Armstrong scored the only goal of the game.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city