Thompson hopes it's third time lucky
PARK Street Village manager Ryan Thompson is hoping it s a case of third time lucky as his side prepare to meet Hatfield Town in the semi final of the Herts Senior Centenary Trophy. The tie has been postponed twice already because the weather has made Tou
PARK Street Village manager Ryan Thompson is hoping it's a case of third time lucky as his side prepare to meet Hatfield Town in the semi final of the Herts Senior Centenary Trophy.
The tie has been postponed twice already because the weather has made Toulmin Drive unplayable but the tie will go ahead this weekend.
"It's so disappointing. It's definitely being played this weekend. We've managed to arrange another venue in case Toulmin Drive's unfit but I can't see any reason why it won't be," Thompson told The Herts Advertiser.
"The Herts FA have told us it has to be played this weekend and if our pitch isn't playable then it will be switched to their ground over in Welwyn Garden City. The weather should be ok and as long as we don't have any frost overnight the game should go ahead at Toulmin Drive."
You may also want to watch:
Thompson has managed to secure a location for the team to train at this week and he's hopeful he'll have a near full squad to choose from.
"We've got a training session tomorrow night [Wednesday] as we've managed to get somewhere to train and that'll give us the opportunity to see who's available.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 4 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 5 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 6 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 7 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 8 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
"We'll hopefully have a full squad available bar Chris Day. He's still struggling with his injury and is probably a month to five weeks away. He's happy that these games keep getting postponed because it means there are more games for him to play in!