Thompson era starts emphatically
New Harpenden Town boss sees his side get off to a flyer
SSML Division One
Harpenden Town 4
AFC Dunstable 1
NEW Harpenden Town boss Ryan Thompson saw his side make a blistering start to his time with the club racing into a 3-0 lead inside 20 minutes against AFC Dunstable.
You may also want to watch:
Aaron Clarke bagged the first goal of the Thompson era with just four minutes on the clock and Town doubled their lead nine minutes later when Richard Taase capitalised on some slack marking to fire home.
With Thompson’s new look side dominating, they made it 3-0 with Clarke helping himself to a third despite the visitors’ protests for offside.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
Dunstable regained some ground on the hosts with a goal of their own on 28 minutes from Dan Lidden but it proved to be little more than a consolation.
The visitors improved after the break and looked set to keep the deficit to just two goals when Jimmy Warner popped up to wrap up proceedings with a fourth for Town 25 minutes from time.