Thompson era starts emphatically
New Harpenden Town boss sees his side get off to a flyer
SSML Division One
Harpenden Town 4
AFC Dunstable 1
NEW Harpenden Town boss Ryan Thompson saw his side make a blistering start to his time with the club racing into a 3-0 lead inside 20 minutes against AFC Dunstable.
You may also want to watch:
Aaron Clarke bagged the first goal of the Thompson era with just four minutes on the clock and Town doubled their lead nine minutes later when Richard Taase capitalised on some slack marking to fire home.
With Thompson’s new look side dominating, they made it 3-0 with Clarke helping himself to a third despite the visitors’ protests for offside.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 3 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 4 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 5 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Dunstable regained some ground on the hosts with a goal of their own on 28 minutes from Dan Lidden but it proved to be little more than a consolation.
The visitors improved after the break and looked set to keep the deficit to just two goals when Jimmy Warner popped up to wrap up proceedings with a fourth for Town 25 minutes from time.