Thomas takes six wickets as St Albans are bowled out for 64
- Credit: Getty Images/BananaStock RF
St Albans had no answers for Leverstock Green bowler Adam Thomas as they were bowled out for 62 in Saturday’s loss.
The seamer took six wickets for a paltry 26 runs in a 13-over spell that included six maidens.
Aaron Jones was his first victim, out LBW for an eight-ball duck. Jacob Winfield didn’t fare any better at the tail end of the innings, getting trapped in front without scoring.
Henry Tyler top scored for St Albans with 20 before was caught and bowled by Majid Khan, who also accounted for the wicket of Adam Houslow.
Aijt took two wickets in two overs to removed Matt Howeson and Daniel Rosson, but the innings belonged to Thomas who was insatiable.
You may also want to watch:
Defending an extremely low total was always going to be difficult, and, despite an early wobble from Miles Barnard, who was bowled by Joseph Clouting for three, Lewis Koch (40*) and Kyle Claxton (19*) ensured Leverstock Green got over the finish line without any further alarms.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 10 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems