Third successive defeat leaves Verulamians slipping down the table
- Credit: Archant
Verulamians lost ground in the London North West Three promotion race with a third successive defeat – this time to fellow promotion chaser Stevenage Town.
Town’s 30-8 win lifts that above Vees who are now fifth after also falling behind Kilburn Cosmos.
From the start Stevenage’s attitude was more positive and robust. They played to their forward strengths in the open whereas Vees were stronger on the set pieces and had a majority percentage in the line-outs.
But too many times Vees lost possession in promising positions and Stevenage, particularly down the left, punished them with five tries.
Harry Mack scored Vees’ sole try and Alex Ricci slotted a penalty.
You may also want to watch:
Vees tough run of fixtures continues with a visit to Kilburn on Saturday, a trip they will have to make without James Hayes and Chris Gillespie, the pair suffering a serious injury and concussion respectively.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 3 Green light given to new hospital project
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 6 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment