Third successive defeat leaves Verulamians slipping down the table
- Credit: Archant
Verulamians lost ground in the London North West Three promotion race with a third successive defeat – this time to fellow promotion chaser Stevenage Town.
Town’s 30-8 win lifts that above Vees who are now fifth after also falling behind Kilburn Cosmos.
From the start Stevenage’s attitude was more positive and robust. They played to their forward strengths in the open whereas Vees were stronger on the set pieces and had a majority percentage in the line-outs.
But too many times Vees lost possession in promising positions and Stevenage, particularly down the left, punished them with five tries.
Harry Mack scored Vees’ sole try and Alex Ricci slotted a penalty.
You may also want to watch:
Vees tough run of fixtures continues with a visit to Kilburn on Saturday, a trip they will have to make without James Hayes and Chris Gillespie, the pair suffering a serious injury and concussion respectively.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 A New York state of mind