Third league defeat in a row for Harpenden Town despite plenty of chances
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town’s little slump in form continued with a third Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division defeat, this time 2-1 at the hands of Cockfosters.
They took the lead at Chalk Lane and created enough chances to win the game but they profligacy in front of goal cost them.
The goal, which arrived on 20 minutes, came from Steve O’Reilly who thundered in one from the edge of the box.
Kojo Gyimah equalised eight minutes later but Harps dominated the remainder of the half, with Kyle McLeish having a shot cleared off the line, James Ewington hitting the post and Chris Brothwood skimming the bar.
But on-loan striker Femi Ogunsola got the winner with 19 minutes to go.
You may also want to watch:
They had the chance to bounce straight back on Tuesday but their game with Holmer Green was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
But despite the loss and postponement they remain third with Biggleswade FC next up on Saturday.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire