Third league defeat in a row for Harpenden Town despite plenty of chances
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town’s little slump in form continued with a third Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division defeat, this time 2-1 at the hands of Cockfosters.
They took the lead at Chalk Lane and created enough chances to win the game but they profligacy in front of goal cost them.
The goal, which arrived on 20 minutes, came from Steve O’Reilly who thundered in one from the edge of the box.
Kojo Gyimah equalised eight minutes later but Harps dominated the remainder of the half, with Kyle McLeish having a shot cleared off the line, James Ewington hitting the post and Chris Brothwood skimming the bar.
But on-loan striker Femi Ogunsola got the winner with 19 minutes to go.
You may also want to watch:
They had the chance to bounce straight back on Tuesday but their game with Holmer Green was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
But despite the loss and postponement they remain third with Biggleswade FC next up on Saturday.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans