‘The future is bright’ for St Albans City according to former number two Lee Allinson
- Credit: Archant
Lee Allinson believes St Albans City are building towards a good season.
The former City assistant manager is now in charge of Biggleswade Town who hosted his old team in a pre-season friendly.
And he has been impressed with how Dad Ian is building the squad.
“I love the lad Gabriel who came on,” said Allinson junior. “I think he’s a serious handful and a real threat and I love his confidence. He doesn’t care and he will score goals.
“But I like [David] Moyo and there’s [Sam] Merson as well so they’ve got three great forwards and then with David Noble and Solomon Sambou controlling the midfield, I think the future is bright for St Albans, I think they’ll have a really good season.
“They defended a lot better in the second half [against Biggleswade] and did things properly.
“I like the lad David [Diedhiou] too, he’s solid. You need that when you go away to some places and I think we missed that last year.
- 1 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 2 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 8 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 9 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 10 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
“Hopefully they can get to play-offs this time around.”
But while the Saints will always remain in his heart, made noticeable as he kept referring to them as “we”, it was also clear just how much he loves being the boss man.
“It’s great,” he beamed. “I don’t have to speak to my Dad 17 times a day.
“No, it’s enjoyable. Obviously it’s harder at times as you have to make decisions on your own and although my management team have been fantastic so far, it’s still your call.
“Beforehand I could give ideas but it wasn’t my final decision.
“But so far so good.”