The Boot kicks out the competition at Pub Challenge
THE Boot has been crowned Hertfordshire’s best golfing pub following an emphatic victory at Redbourn Golf Club’s annual Pub Challenge.
The Chipperfield watering hole has now won three of the four Pub Challenges – contested over the picturesque Ver Course at Redbourn – but this is the first time the top prize has been claimed by the B side.
The team of Paul Williams, Chris Miles, Jim Wallace and Kevin Metcalfe scored a superb net 63 to finish five shots ahead of The Globe in second place with 68 and The Mallard A in third on 69.
Ian McDowell, Redbourn Golf Club General Manager, said: “Having now claimed a hat-trick of wins The Boot is truly laying claim to being the best golfing pub in the county.
“Once again the competition was played in a great spirit with a lot of banter flying around with the golf balls. We have already started taking entries for next year’s competition as pubs look to knock The Boot off their perch.”
You may also want to watch:
Wayne Gower, of The Globe, won the prize for the longest drive on the Par-4 10th hole with a 250-yard effort, while the nearest-the-pin prize on the 151-yard Par-3 16th was claimed by The Mallard B team’s Colin Gibbs, with an approach that left him just nine feet from the pin.
For further information on Redbourn Golf Club visit www.redbourngolfclub.com.
- 1 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 2 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 6 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 7 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
- 8 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier