Quiz: Test your sporting knowledge, April 20
- Credit: PA
With sport shut down across the globe due to the coronavirus pandemic, why not test your sporting knowledge with another quiz?
Here are some of the latest posers from the Press Association this week. No cheating!
1. Who are the only team in the English and Scottish Premier Leagues that have a ‘J’ in their name?
2. Which of these county cricket clubs did former Australian cricket captain Ricky Ponting NOT play for? A - Somerset, B - Surrey, C - Lancashire
3. Who holds the record for most assists in a Premier League season?
You may also want to watch:
4. How many Super League titles have Hull FC won?
5. How many different French Open men’s singles champions have there been since 2010?
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 7 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
6. Who is Brazil’s record goalscorer?
7. True or false – at least one of the Olympic Rings’ colours appears in every national flag.
8. In rugby sevens, scrums consist of how many players per team?
9. In which year did the Miami Heat win their first NBA championship?
10. Who is the current number one-ranked golfer in the world?
11. Who is the Bundesliga’s all-time top goal scorer?
12. Which club did he play 427 league games for?
13. How many Bundesliga goals did he score in that time? A- 365, B- 395, C- 405.
14. Which of these teams did not compete in the 2019 F1 season? A- Toro Rosso, B- Manor, C- Williams.
15. In tennis, who was the 2018 US Open women’s champion?
16. New Zealand have lost a total of 13 Test matches by 10 wickets. Five of those losses were against which country?
17. In which year did Sachin Tendulkar reach 14,000 Test runs?
18. What was the nickname for Charlotte’s NBA franchise from 2004-2014?
19. The team is owned by which former player?
20. The NHL regular season consists of how many games per team?
21. How many assists did David Beckham record throughout his career in the Premier League? A- 65, B- 72, C- 80
22. Who won the 2016-17 Premiership Rugby competition?
23. True or false. The victory marked the club’s first ever Premiership title.
24. The London Olympics men’s tennis doubles gold medal was won by America’s Bryan brothers. What are their first names?
25. Who is the current number one-ranked ICC Test batsman?
26. Who did Michael Jordan defeat to win the 1988 NBA slam dunk contest?
27. Which woman won Wimbledon in 2019?
28. A Major League Baseball team’s active roster consists of how many players?
29. In which year did Zinedine Zidane retire from his playing career?
30. What position did he play?
Answers: 1. St Johnstone; 2. C- Lancashire; 3. Thierry Henry; 4. Six; 5. Three (Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Stanislas Wawrinka); 6. Pele; 7. True; 8. Three; 9. 2006; 10. Rory McIlroy; 11. Gerd Muller; 12. Bayern Munich; 13. A- 365; 14. B- Manor; 15. Naomi Osaka; 16. West Indies; 17. 2010; 18. Bobcats; 19. Michael Jordan; 20. 82; 21. C- 80; 22. Exeter Chiefs; 23. True; 24. Mike and Bob; 25. Steve Smith; 26. Dominique Wilkins; 27. Simona Halep; 28. 25; 29. 2006; 30. Midfielder.