Tennis team prepared for a smashing summer on court
THE Townsend Tennis Club junior girls are looking to build on a great 2007 as they prepare for the new campaign. In the Under 16s Summer County League, Townsend came second to Broxbourne and Sally Griffith, Townsend ladies captain, said: It was a fantast
THE Townsend Tennis Club junior girls are looking to build on a great 2007 as they prepare for the new campaign.
In the Under 16s Summer County League, Townsend came second to Broxbourne and Sally Griffith, Townsend ladies captain, said: "It was a fantastic first-time achievement for the girls in what is the top county league for their age group."
The 2008 season begins in March with the National Junior Club League, followed by the Hertfordshire league. Of the original 2007 squad, Bethan Griffith, Genny Allcroft, Hannah Carey and Kathryn Inglis are still eligible to compete in 16-and-under competitions.
Katie Brill and Laura Martin move up to compete in the 18-and-unders.
You may also want to watch:
With head coach Matt Foster strengthening the junior section, the club will have teams competing in all age groups in the National Junior League, and the Hertfordshire leagues.
Junior club nights in mid-April. Telephone Matt Foster on 07780 533337 for more information or the club website at www.townsendtennis.co.uk
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital