Tennis sessions serve up a treat for Cunningham Hill Junior School
- Credit: Archant
Year 3 children at Cunningham Hill Junior School enjoyed a free funded mini tennis taster session.
The session is one of many delivered each year by coaches from Batchwood Tennis Centre, with the support of St Albans District Council, 1Life and Cassidy and Tate.
Around 3,000 children aged three to eight years are introduced to tennis each year through the initiative.
The sessions include fun physical games, racquet skills and an introduction to the basics of the sport.
Graham Coton of sponsors Cassidy and Tate estate agents said: “We are delighted to be working alongside different schools and clubs in connection with the tennis programme.
You may also want to watch:
“There is nothing more enjoyable than to watch the children enjoying a new sport and the opportunities which it gives them.”
For more information and to arrange a free trial session contact Batchwood Sports Centre on 01727 844 250.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 9 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 10 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common