Tennis sessions serve up a treat for Cunningham Hill Junior School
- Credit: Archant
Year 3 children at Cunningham Hill Junior School enjoyed a free funded mini tennis taster session.
The session is one of many delivered each year by coaches from Batchwood Tennis Centre, with the support of St Albans District Council, 1Life and Cassidy and Tate.
Around 3,000 children aged three to eight years are introduced to tennis each year through the initiative.
The sessions include fun physical games, racquet skills and an introduction to the basics of the sport.
Graham Coton of sponsors Cassidy and Tate estate agents said: “We are delighted to be working alongside different schools and clubs in connection with the tennis programme.
You may also want to watch:
“There is nothing more enjoyable than to watch the children enjoying a new sport and the opportunities which it gives them.”
For more information and to arrange a free trial session contact Batchwood Sports Centre on 01727 844 250.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre