TeeVees end season with victory
- Credit: Archant
Tabard and Verulamians U13s ended their league campaign with a 38-14 win at Old Grammarians.
TeeVees took the lead early in the match with a try from Dylan Simms and Eddie Marriott added the extras. The scores were level midway through the first half as Old Grammarians added a try and a conversion.
They put some daylight between the sides before half-time as Simms and Alex Shaw both added tries, both converted by Marriott.
TeeVees extended their lead at the start of the second half as Simms completed his hat-trick with a try in the corner. Old Grammarians managed to reduce the deficit shortly afterwards with a well worked try and conversion.
With Old Grammarians tiring, a lovely flowing move was finished off with a try from Louis Lacorne. There was still time for Shaw to jink his way through the defence to score. Matthew McKinnon added the conversion to leave the final score 38–14.
You may also want to watch:
The result meant TeeVees finished the season in fourth place in Division 5.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 6 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 7 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 8 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 9 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space