TeeVees end season with victory
- Credit: Archant
Tabard and Verulamians U13s ended their league campaign with a 38-14 win at Old Grammarians.
TeeVees took the lead early in the match with a try from Dylan Simms and Eddie Marriott added the extras. The scores were level midway through the first half as Old Grammarians added a try and a conversion.
They put some daylight between the sides before half-time as Simms and Alex Shaw both added tries, both converted by Marriott.
TeeVees extended their lead at the start of the second half as Simms completed his hat-trick with a try in the corner. Old Grammarians managed to reduce the deficit shortly afterwards with a well worked try and conversion.
With Old Grammarians tiring, a lovely flowing move was finished off with a try from Louis Lacorne. There was still time for Shaw to jink his way through the defence to score. Matthew McKinnon added the conversion to leave the final score 38–14.
You may also want to watch:
The result meant TeeVees finished the season in fourth place in Division 5.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 8 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 9 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 10 Colney Heath claim first Southern League win with Hertford success