Teenagers in County squad
HERTFORDSHIRE started the new Inter-County season with the visit of Warwickshire to the Shamrock Club in Welwyn Garden City. Manager Charlie Brownless gave debuts to Jonathan Creed, aged 19, and Daniel Ovens, aged 13 and the team faced a tough challenge a
HERTFORDSHIRE started the new Inter-County season with the visit of Warwickshire to the Shamrock Club in Welwyn Garden City.
Manager Charlie Brownless gave debuts to Jonathan Creed, aged 19, and Daniel Ovens, aged 13 and the team faced a tough challenge against a side they had never beaten since the BDO (British Darts Organisation) was formed in 1973.
Daniel was drawn out first and lost the first two legs but won the third leg in 16 darts and then won the next two legs to win 3-2. John Blair, from St Albans, was also a winner for Herts, taking his match 3-2 with a 160 finish. The Herts team played very well but could not stop Warwickshire from winning 23-16.
The ladies did not start too well either, losing the first two games before Jill Theobald (Welwyn) won 3-1. Lady of the Match Lynne Taylor (3-0) took her match with a 21.17 average and Linda Reed (3-2) also claimed victory to secure a 3-3 draw.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday, against a very strong Warwickshire Ladies 'A' team, Herts lost 5-1 with only Jane Phillips (Watford) playing well to win 3-0 and take the match award with a 22.43 average.
The men's A team did play well but did not get the breaks and lost 7-5. Man of the Match was Steve Hartley who won 3-1 with a 26.95 average.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images