Teen Taylor impresses on St Albans City debut
TEENAGE central midfielder Matt Taylor made his first senior start for The Saints in the 2-1 win over Kettering Town at Clarence Park.
The 17-year-old, who lives in St Albans and has come through the youth ranks, impressed and had a big hand in City’s second goal.
Manager David Howell said: “I felt that he had been doing well, he’s had his progression gradually.
“He’s been in and around the first team occasionally.
“I had to give him a chance and see how these players take the opportunities.”
Taylor’s debut was particularly pleasing for the club’s co-owner Lawrence Levy.
He added: “This was a milestone in the development of St Albans City.
- 1 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
- 3 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 4 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 5 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 6 Motorcyclist in serious but stable condition after B556 London Colney crash
- 7 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 8 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 9 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 10 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
“One of the reasons in getting involved was to bring through the youth players and give them a chance.
“We hope more fans come along and support the team and some of the youngsters.”