Teen Taylor impresses on St Albans City debut
TEENAGE central midfielder Matt Taylor made his first senior start for The Saints in the 2-1 win over Kettering Town at Clarence Park.
The 17-year-old, who lives in St Albans and has come through the youth ranks, impressed and had a big hand in City’s second goal.
Manager David Howell said: “I felt that he had been doing well, he’s had his progression gradually.
“He’s been in and around the first team occasionally.
“I had to give him a chance and see how these players take the opportunities.”
You may also want to watch:
Taylor’s debut was particularly pleasing for the club’s co-owner Lawrence Levy.
He added: “This was a milestone in the development of St Albans City.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
“One of the reasons in getting involved was to bring through the youth players and give them a chance.
“We hope more fans come along and support the team and some of the youngsters.”