Teen Taylor impresses on St Albans City debut
TEENAGE central midfielder Matt Taylor made his first senior start for The Saints in the 2-1 win over Kettering Town at Clarence Park.
The 17-year-old, who lives in St Albans and has come through the youth ranks, impressed and had a big hand in City’s second goal.
Manager David Howell said: “I felt that he had been doing well, he’s had his progression gradually.
“He’s been in and around the first team occasionally.
“I had to give him a chance and see how these players take the opportunities.”
You may also want to watch:
Taylor’s debut was particularly pleasing for the club’s co-owner Lawrence Levy.
He added: “This was a milestone in the development of St Albans City.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 5 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 6 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Heartwood Forest supporter Pam
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
“One of the reasons in getting involved was to bring through the youth players and give them a chance.
“We hope more fans come along and support the team and some of the youngsters.”