Tangerines Vets set for semi-final showdown
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club Ladies Vets will travel to Bowdon Hightown on Sunday to play in the semi-finals of the Over-35s England Cup.
After beating Taunton Vale 3-1 in the quarter-final, the Vets are now one game away from the final at the Lee Valley Olympic Park.
In league news, the ladies’ 1st team had a 2-0 victory against Horsham at Oaklands on Saturday. Sarah Embrey and Great Britain international Ellie Watton both found the back of the net for the home side.
The 2nds had a comfortable 1-0 win against Brentwood after Embrey converted from a penalty corner and the 4ths secured three crucial points after winning 3-1 against Tring, with goals from Sarah Mobbs (two) and Jodie Carter.
The 5ths were 12-0 winners against Luton with Nikki Davies (four), Gemma Little (three), Jordan Beaumont-Wraith (three), Rachel Jones and Chloe Monroe all scoring for the Tangerines.
You may also want to watch:
In the men’s games, the 4ths beat Harpenden 5-3 with goals from Duncan Fraser (two), Abheek Dutta, Dillon Kurani and Sam Winter. The 6ths won 2-1 against West Herts, with Nick Mulvaney and Ed Bevin on the scoresheet, and a goal from Tom Mulqueen gave the promoted 8ths a 1-0 victory over Southgate Pirates. T
The 1sts team host Cambridge University at 3pm this Saturday at Oaklands.
- 1 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area