Tangerines Vets set for semi-final showdown
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club Ladies Vets will travel to Bowdon Hightown on Sunday to play in the semi-finals of the Over-35s England Cup.
After beating Taunton Vale 3-1 in the quarter-final, the Vets are now one game away from the final at the Lee Valley Olympic Park.
In league news, the ladies’ 1st team had a 2-0 victory against Horsham at Oaklands on Saturday. Sarah Embrey and Great Britain international Ellie Watton both found the back of the net for the home side.
The 2nds had a comfortable 1-0 win against Brentwood after Embrey converted from a penalty corner and the 4ths secured three crucial points after winning 3-1 against Tring, with goals from Sarah Mobbs (two) and Jodie Carter.
The 5ths were 12-0 winners against Luton with Nikki Davies (four), Gemma Little (three), Jordan Beaumont-Wraith (three), Rachel Jones and Chloe Monroe all scoring for the Tangerines.
You may also want to watch:
In the men’s games, the 4ths beat Harpenden 5-3 with goals from Duncan Fraser (two), Abheek Dutta, Dillon Kurani and Sam Winter. The 6ths won 2-1 against West Herts, with Nick Mulvaney and Ed Bevin on the scoresheet, and a goal from Tom Mulqueen gave the promoted 8ths a 1-0 victory over Southgate Pirates. T
The 1sts team host Cambridge University at 3pm this Saturday at Oaklands.
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 2 County council results by St Albans division in full
- 3 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 4 Whipsnade Zoo to celebrate 90th birthday with fun family activities
- 5 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 6 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 7 Council elections: who are St Albans Liberal Democrat candidates?
- 8 Do you remember long-lost St Julian's Farm?
- 9 Mental Health Awareness Week: Easing children’s worries and fears after lockdown
- 10 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17