Tangerines Vets set for semi-final showdown
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club Ladies Vets will travel to Bowdon Hightown on Sunday to play in the semi-finals of the Over-35s England Cup.
After beating Taunton Vale 3-1 in the quarter-final, the Vets are now one game away from the final at the Lee Valley Olympic Park.
In league news, the ladies’ 1st team had a 2-0 victory against Horsham at Oaklands on Saturday. Sarah Embrey and Great Britain international Ellie Watton both found the back of the net for the home side.
The 2nds had a comfortable 1-0 win against Brentwood after Embrey converted from a penalty corner and the 4ths secured three crucial points after winning 3-1 against Tring, with goals from Sarah Mobbs (two) and Jodie Carter.
The 5ths were 12-0 winners against Luton with Nikki Davies (four), Gemma Little (three), Jordan Beaumont-Wraith (three), Rachel Jones and Chloe Monroe all scoring for the Tangerines.
You may also want to watch:
In the men’s games, the 4ths beat Harpenden 5-3 with goals from Duncan Fraser (two), Abheek Dutta, Dillon Kurani and Sam Winter. The 6ths won 2-1 against West Herts, with Nick Mulvaney and Ed Bevin on the scoresheet, and a goal from Tom Mulqueen gave the promoted 8ths a 1-0 victory over Southgate Pirates. T
The 1sts team host Cambridge University at 3pm this Saturday at Oaklands.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire