Tangerine men keep it tight at the top with Ipswich win
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Hockey Club’s men’s first team climbed to second place in the East League Premier Division with a 2-1 win at Ipswich
Saints, along with Old Loughtonians and City of Peterborough have all recorded seven wins and gained 21 points, with goal difference seperating the trio.
John Mould’s opportunist goal in the 10th minute put the Tangerines in front and although a resilient Ipswich equalised, Steve McManus restored his side’s lead.
In the National League the Ladies’ suffered a narrow 1-0 defeat at Cambridge City while the 2nds won 3-2 at home to Bromley-Beckenham with goals from Maddy Davies and Annie Barratt.
The 5ths beat Saffron Walden 3-1 and the Bodiceas won 1-0 at Bishops Stortford.
You may also want to watch:
Back in the men’s section there were wins for the 3rds (1-0 at Southgate), the 5ths (2-1 against Harpenden), the 6ths (3-1 over Hertford) and the 9ths (4-1 at Bedford).
The Praetorians, the men’s over 50s team, beat Chelmsford 3-0 on Saturday before victory on penalty strokes against Lincoln Lindum in the National Cup.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall