Tag festival delight for Old Albanian juniors
OLD Albanian Rugby Club took 12 teams from the U7 and U8 age groups and attended the Herts County Mini TAG festival at Tring RFC and were victorious in 11 out of 12 finals on Sunday.
The U7s had success in five out of six of their finals and retained the U7s County Cup for the club, winning 11-9 in the Olympian final against Harpenden, even the OAs youngest side were victorious.
The U8s, who won all their competitions in the U7s festival last year, had set themselves a tough challenge.
They had another fantastic day winning four out of the five competitions, drawing the fifth.
The U8s saw yet another series of Hemel RFC and OA finals, but OAs saw off the competition winning the Cup 8-7, drew in the Plate 4-4 and winning the Bowl 11-5.
You may also want to watch:
Other local finals were also seen as OAs beat Hertford 5-2 in the Vase and Hertford in the Olympian competition.
Richard Walker, chairman of the mini cection said: “It was a fantastic day with the standard of rugby very high for such young children.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 5 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 8 Pupils' brighter walk to school thanks to developer
- 9 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 10 St Albans MP vows to fight developer 'free for all' to protect Herts Green Belt
“Well done to all those who played and thank you to Tring RFC for their hard work and organisation.”