Tag festival delight for Old Albanian juniors
OLD Albanian Rugby Club took 12 teams from the U7 and U8 age groups and attended the Herts County Mini TAG festival at Tring RFC and were victorious in 11 out of 12 finals on Sunday.
The U7s had success in five out of six of their finals and retained the U7s County Cup for the club, winning 11-9 in the Olympian final against Harpenden, even the OAs youngest side were victorious.
The U8s, who won all their competitions in the U7s festival last year, had set themselves a tough challenge.
They had another fantastic day winning four out of the five competitions, drawing the fifth.
The U8s saw yet another series of Hemel RFC and OA finals, but OAs saw off the competition winning the Cup 8-7, drew in the Plate 4-4 and winning the Bowl 11-5.
Other local finals were also seen as OAs beat Hertford 5-2 in the Vase and Hertford in the Olympian competition.
Richard Walker, chairman of the mini cection said: “It was a fantastic day with the standard of rugby very high for such young children.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 10 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
“Well done to all those who played and thank you to Tring RFC for their hard work and organisation.”