Tag festival delight for Old Albanian juniors
OLD Albanian Rugby Club took 12 teams from the U7 and U8 age groups and attended the Herts County Mini TAG festival at Tring RFC and were victorious in 11 out of 12 finals on Sunday.
The U7s had success in five out of six of their finals and retained the U7s County Cup for the club, winning 11-9 in the Olympian final against Harpenden, even the OAs youngest side were victorious.
The U8s, who won all their competitions in the U7s festival last year, had set themselves a tough challenge.
They had another fantastic day winning four out of the five competitions, drawing the fifth.
The U8s saw yet another series of Hemel RFC and OA finals, but OAs saw off the competition winning the Cup 8-7, drew in the Plate 4-4 and winning the Bowl 11-5.
You may also want to watch:
Other local finals were also seen as OAs beat Hertford 5-2 in the Vase and Hertford in the Olympian competition.
Richard Walker, chairman of the mini cection said: “It was a fantastic day with the standard of rugby very high for such young children.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
“Well done to all those who played and thank you to Tring RFC for their hard work and organisation.”