Tabard throw away lead to give Royston a first win of the year
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Tabard will be wondering how they allowed Royston a 16-14 success – their first win of the London Three North West season
It was secured with a last minute penalty but Tabard had enjoyed more than their fair share of possession and created numerous scoring opportunities but were unable to take enough.
The visitors put the first points on the board with a penalty on 20 minutes but Jack Reilly levelled the score 10 minutes later after Royston were caught offside and the skipper added two more kicks to give Tabard a 9-3 half-time lead.
The second half was hugely entertaining although equally as frustrating for the home support.
Royston kicked the first points of this half too but George Gough got Tabard's only try to give them a 14-6 lead with 20 minutes to go.
You may also want to watch:
A converted interception try soon pulled Royston to within one point and when a penalty was given on the Tabard 22, albeit on the touchline, the visitors grabbed the victory.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church