Tabard throw away lead to give Royston a first win of the year
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Tabard will be wondering how they allowed Royston a 16-14 success – their first win of the London Three North West season
It was secured with a last minute penalty but Tabard had enjoyed more than their fair share of possession and created numerous scoring opportunities but were unable to take enough.
The visitors put the first points on the board with a penalty on 20 minutes but Jack Reilly levelled the score 10 minutes later after Royston were caught offside and the skipper added two more kicks to give Tabard a 9-3 half-time lead.
The second half was hugely entertaining although equally as frustrating for the home support.
Royston kicked the first points of this half too but George Gough got Tabard's only try to give them a 14-6 lead with 20 minutes to go.
You may also want to watch:
A converted interception try soon pulled Royston to within one point and when a penalty was given on the Tabard 22, albeit on the touchline, the visitors grabbed the victory.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor