Relief for Tabard as victory over Kilburn Cosmos ends barren run
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Tarbard put an end to their nine-game winless run with a 17-7 success at Kilburn Cosmos in London North West Three.
A knock on by Kilburn on half-way brought the first score for the Radlett-based club.
Aaron Priscott broke off the scum before floating a pass to the oncoming Tom King who comfortably rounded the defence to score on 10 minutes.
Jack Reilly added the conversion.
The skipper had a chance to add to their lead but his kick drifted wide but Tabard did add score another try after Reilly made ground before off-loading to Priscott.
You may also want to watch:
This conversion took them 14 points clear after 25 minutes.
Kilburn halved the deficit by half-time when Tabard were penalised for going off their feet at the ruck, the quick-tap setting up an attack and eventually a converted try.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
There was little action in the second half until 10 minutes to go when Reilly added another penalty and sealed the victory.