Relief for Tabard as victory over Kilburn Cosmos ends barren run
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Tarbard put an end to their nine-game winless run with a 17-7 success at Kilburn Cosmos in London North West Three.
A knock on by Kilburn on half-way brought the first score for the Radlett-based club.
Aaron Priscott broke off the scum before floating a pass to the oncoming Tom King who comfortably rounded the defence to score on 10 minutes.
Jack Reilly added the conversion.
The skipper had a chance to add to their lead but his kick drifted wide but Tabard did add score another try after Reilly made ground before off-loading to Priscott.
You may also want to watch:
This conversion took them 14 points clear after 25 minutes.
Kilburn halved the deficit by half-time when Tabard were penalised for going off their feet at the ruck, the quick-tap setting up an attack and eventually a converted try.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 4 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
There was little action in the second half until 10 minutes to go when Reilly added another penalty and sealed the victory.