Relief for Tabard as victory over Kilburn Cosmos ends barren run
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Tarbard put an end to their nine-game winless run with a 17-7 success at Kilburn Cosmos in London North West Three.
A knock on by Kilburn on half-way brought the first score for the Radlett-based club.
Aaron Priscott broke off the scum before floating a pass to the oncoming Tom King who comfortably rounded the defence to score on 10 minutes.
Jack Reilly added the conversion.
The skipper had a chance to add to their lead but his kick drifted wide but Tabard did add score another try after Reilly made ground before off-loading to Priscott.
This conversion took them 14 points clear after 25 minutes.
Kilburn halved the deficit by half-time when Tabard were penalised for going off their feet at the ruck, the quick-tap setting up an attack and eventually a converted try.
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 3 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 4 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 5 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 6 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 7 St Albans Pub Pride: Why we need to tackle monkeypox prejudice
- 8 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 9 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
There was little action in the second half until 10 minutes to go when Reilly added another penalty and sealed the victory.