Tabard see impressive draw snatched away at the death by East London
- Credit: Archant
Tabard Ladies came within seconds of grabbing a creditable draw away to league leaders East London Ladies.
However, a penalty against the Radlett-based rugby club in the last play allowed the hosts to kick three points and steal a 17-14 victory in the London North Two clash.
Tabard arrived a player short in West Ham but despite East London having 20 players available players, league rules state the opposition has to match numbers meaning a 14 v 14 match.
East London opened the scoring with a converted try but Tabard responded with a converted score of their own, Caroline Bolton added the extras after Rachael Potter had crossed the whitewash.
The game swung back to East London with a second converted score but again Tabard refused to lie down.
Bolton, having ventured off her wing for the first time, charged through the middle and a hand-off and five missed tackles later she was under the posts for the score.
She kicked her own conversion to level things up once more.
- 1 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 2 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 4 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 5 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 10 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
All that was left was that heartbreaking moment to deny Tabard a valuable two points.
The defeat keeps Tabard in fifth position in the table.