Tabard see impressive draw snatched away at the death by East London
- Credit: Archant
Tabard Ladies came within seconds of grabbing a creditable draw away to league leaders East London Ladies.
However, a penalty against the Radlett-based rugby club in the last play allowed the hosts to kick three points and steal a 17-14 victory in the London North Two clash.
Tabard arrived a player short in West Ham but despite East London having 20 players available players, league rules state the opposition has to match numbers meaning a 14 v 14 match.
East London opened the scoring with a converted try but Tabard responded with a converted score of their own, Caroline Bolton added the extras after Rachael Potter had crossed the whitewash.
The game swung back to East London with a second converted score but again Tabard refused to lie down.
You may also want to watch:
Bolton, having ventured off her wing for the first time, charged through the middle and a hand-off and five missed tackles later she was under the posts for the score.
She kicked her own conversion to level things up once more.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
All that was left was that heartbreaking moment to deny Tabard a valuable two points.
The defeat keeps Tabard in fifth position in the table.