Tabard see impressive draw snatched away at the death by East London
- Credit: Archant
Tabard Ladies came within seconds of grabbing a creditable draw away to league leaders East London Ladies.
However, a penalty against the Radlett-based rugby club in the last play allowed the hosts to kick three points and steal a 17-14 victory in the London North Two clash.
Tabard arrived a player short in West Ham but despite East London having 20 players available players, league rules state the opposition has to match numbers meaning a 14 v 14 match.
East London opened the scoring with a converted try but Tabard responded with a converted score of their own, Caroline Bolton added the extras after Rachael Potter had crossed the whitewash.
The game swung back to East London with a second converted score but again Tabard refused to lie down.
You may also want to watch:
Bolton, having ventured off her wing for the first time, charged through the middle and a hand-off and five missed tackles later she was under the posts for the score.
She kicked her own conversion to level things up once more.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 City centre pub opens new roof garden
All that was left was that heartbreaking moment to deny Tabard a valuable two points.
The defeat keeps Tabard in fifth position in the table.