Back-to-back wins for Tabard as Old Merchant Taylors’ are sent packing
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
You wait nine games for a victory then two come along at once.
Tabard look to have put their poor form well behind them with a 26-17 success over Old Merchant Taylors' following last week's win at Kilburn Cosmos.
This one brought a bonus point for four tries, the first after just eight minutes when George Gough fired a perfect pass to Jonny Aguila.
And by half-time he and Tabard had added another one, Jack Reilly converting this one, although OMT were still in touch at 12-10.
Gough needed to put in a couple of try-saving tackles after the break before Tabard were able to get more points on the board.
You may also want to watch:
Good work from Dan Calnan and Cam O'Connor gave Aguila his hat-trick, Reilly adding the extras, and an incisive break by Teddy Gough was finished off by a lovely angled run by Jamie Hancock.
Reilly again hit a great kick and a consolation late on for OMT wasn't enough.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public