Tabard slump to another defeat as Stevenage Town keep them out
- Credit: Archant
Tabard’s poor run of form now stretches to five straight defeats after a 15-0 loss away to Stevenage Town – although they will be hugely disappointed not to have taken anything from their high-flying hosts.
Stevenage are third in London Three North West and for a good part of the season the Radlett-based rugby club were one of those teams challenging them at the top.
But three first-half tries proved costly and despite plenty of determination and endeavour from the visitors after the break, they failed to break down a stubborn home defence.
The wind played its part with Tabard enjoying its help in the second period, although with the strength gradually dropping as the afternoon wore on.
Tabard even had numerical advantage at one point as Stevenage lost two players to yellow cards for high tackles but with their scrum proving a get-out-of-jail free card, Town held firm.
Tabard are now seventh but host bottom club Royston when the league restarts after Christmas on January 11.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 6 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins