Tabard slump to another defeat as Stevenage Town keep them out
- Credit: Archant
Tabard’s poor run of form now stretches to five straight defeats after a 15-0 loss away to Stevenage Town – although they will be hugely disappointed not to have taken anything from their high-flying hosts.
Stevenage are third in London Three North West and for a good part of the season the Radlett-based rugby club were one of those teams challenging them at the top.
But three first-half tries proved costly and despite plenty of determination and endeavour from the visitors after the break, they failed to break down a stubborn home defence.
The wind played its part with Tabard enjoying its help in the second period, although with the strength gradually dropping as the afternoon wore on.
Tabard even had numerical advantage at one point as Stevenage lost two players to yellow cards for high tackles but with their scrum proving a get-out-of-jail free card, Town held firm.
You may also want to watch:
Tabard are now seventh but host bottom club Royston when the league restarts after Christmas on January 11.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 6 Shortages crisis hits district
- 7 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 8 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 9 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book