Tabard slump to another defeat as Stevenage Town keep them out
- Credit: Archant
Tabard’s poor run of form now stretches to five straight defeats after a 15-0 loss away to Stevenage Town – although they will be hugely disappointed not to have taken anything from their high-flying hosts.
Stevenage are third in London Three North West and for a good part of the season the Radlett-based rugby club were one of those teams challenging them at the top.
But three first-half tries proved costly and despite plenty of determination and endeavour from the visitors after the break, they failed to break down a stubborn home defence.
The wind played its part with Tabard enjoying its help in the second period, although with the strength gradually dropping as the afternoon wore on.
Tabard even had numerical advantage at one point as Stevenage lost two players to yellow cards for high tackles but with their scrum proving a get-out-of-jail free card, Town held firm.
You may also want to watch:
Tabard are now seventh but host bottom club Royston when the league restarts after Christmas on January 11.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 8 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 9 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend
- 10 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building