Tabard rejoice after win in thoroughly entertaining contest against Hackney
- Credit: Archant
The Tabard faithful were treated to one of the most entertaining games at Cobden Hill for many years on Saturday as their boys in blue beat Hackney 27-26.
It was testament to the spirit shown by the boys in what has been a difficult season after retirements and injuries a plenty.
But although they will be playing in the league below next season, on this showing there is plenty to look forward to after another fully committed effort from the entire team.
Line-outs were much better, as were the scrums, and two tries from Jonny Aguila and one each for Aaron Priscott and Liam Kenny gave Tabard a bonus point and a 20-5 half-time lead.
But Hackney responded in the second half, to the point they led 26-20 with just over 10 minutes to play.
You may also want to watch:
But Tabard heads did not drop and after a series of scrums close to the line, the referee awarded a penalty try to give the hosts a big victory.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues