Tabard rejoice after win in thoroughly entertaining contest against Hackney
- Credit: Archant
The Tabard faithful were treated to one of the most entertaining games at Cobden Hill for many years on Saturday as their boys in blue beat Hackney 27-26.
It was testament to the spirit shown by the boys in what has been a difficult season after retirements and injuries a plenty.
But although they will be playing in the league below next season, on this showing there is plenty to look forward to after another fully committed effort from the entire team.
Line-outs were much better, as were the scrums, and two tries from Jonny Aguila and one each for Aaron Priscott and Liam Kenny gave Tabard a bonus point and a 20-5 half-time lead.
But Hackney responded in the second half, to the point they led 26-20 with just over 10 minutes to play.
You may also want to watch:
But Tabard heads did not drop and after a series of scrums close to the line, the referee awarded a penalty try to give the hosts a big victory.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images