Tabard put up 50 points against London Nigerians
- Credit: Archant
NUMBER 8 Paul Fagan scored a hat-trick of tries to help Tabard to victory over London Nigerians.
The 54-19 win was Tabards fourth in a row, further entrenching their position at the top of the table. Tabard are nine points clear of second placed Hemel Hempstead with just four games remaining, all against teams in the bottom half of the league.
Fagan opened the scoring after 11 minutes when he picked up at the base of a scrum close in and powered through the initial cover and round the last line of defence for a great try, which Jack Reilly converted. Reilly then got his first of two tries, which he converted.
Wing John Aguila then got the best individual try of the game. A break by centre Gerry Arasa gave Aguila space and he went round his opposite number and stepped inside the full back to sprint clear and touch down under the posts to give Reilly an easy kick.
Fagan then got his second. The Tabard forwards won over a Nigerians scrum, allowing the number 8 to power over. Once again Reilly kicked the extra points.
Right on the stroke of half time Joe Calnan got his first try. Nigerians were caught flatfooted as Tabard ran from their own half and Calnan went over untouched, bringing up a 33-0 half time score.
Nigerians responded with a try after the restart but Fagan added his third, capitalising on a line-out, before Calnan was released after quick recycling by Tabard.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 6 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 7 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
Nigerians added two tries before Reilly completed Tabard’s effort, which he converted to give Tabard a comprehensive win.
Next week Tabard are at home to UCS Old Boys, kick-off 3.00 pm.