Tabard lose first game of the season in frustrating display against Old Streetonians
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Something had to give as unbeaten Tabard and Old Streetonians clashed in Hackney – and it was the visitors who succumbed to defeat as they went down 38-5.
The home side dominated the game thanks to a very good defence but a lacklustre performance by Tabard added to their frustrations.
Old Street took the lead after seven minutes with a converted try and the first sign that it wasn't going to be Tabard's day came three minutes later when a Jack Reilly penalty hit the post.
They again failed to score just past the mid-point of the half when Jonny Aguila went close and by half-time they had been punished further by a penalty and another converted try.
The second half followed a similar pattern to the first but Tabard did finally break their duck when George Gough went over in the corner but injuries to Will James and Charlie Sandison simply rubbed salt into the wounds.
You may also want to watch:
Tabard host Kilburn Cosmos on Saturday.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans