Tabard lose by three to Woodford
- Credit: Archant
Two tries by Tabard’s fullback, Max Templeman, were not enough to save Tabard from defeat at the hands of Woodford on Saturday, as the Radlett side went down 22-25.
Although Tabard had their chances they did not convert their pressure into points and, in the end, this was the difference between the two sides.
The game started fairly evenly, probably with Tabard just getting the upper but it was Woodford who took the lead, touching down following a scrum.
Tabard’s reply was instantaneous. A long kick from stand off Jack Reilly was chased by wing Elliot Hurrel, who fielded the ball and made the initial ground before passing to Tmpleman for his first try.
Reilly then put Tabard ahead with a penalty before Templeman got his second try, receiving a pass from Gerry Arasa to touch down. Reilly converted.
The second half was always going to be tough for both sides and the game settled into a fairly even match with Woodford scoring first midway through the half.
Tabard attacked the Woodford line to no avail, although a forward surge went over the line only for the referee to say the ball was held up. Tabard continued the pressure and scored as Tom Davies broke round the side of a forward surge. Reilly slotted the conversion and Tabard were two points ahead.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 5 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 6 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 7 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
- 8 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 9 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 10 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
With eight minutes on the clock, the Woodford wing, Rupert Wood, went over from deep and Tabard were now three points adrift. Tabard attacked hard and, spurning the opportunity to kick for the posts twice, they went for the win but Woodford held on.
This Saturday Tabard at home to Eton Manor, kick-off 3pm.