Poor run of form continues as Tabard lose to Finchley
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Tabard’s disappointing run of results continued as they fell to a third defeat in four – this one 15-12 at home to second-bottom Finchley.
The visitors scored three well-taken tries and Tabard were made to work hard in defence from the first whistle, Finchley belying their lowly position with the majority of possession for the first 20 minutes.
They got the first try in the corner but Tabard responded and a perfectly weighted kick by Jack Reilly allowed Jonny Aguila to score.
The skipper was successful with the conversion from the touch line but the lead was short lived as Finchley put the ball through the hands for a simple score and a 10-7 half-time advantage.
Again the hosts came back, Aguila getting his second after the break and from there it looked like they would pull away.
You may also want to watch:
But Finchley refused to roll over and after denying the home side, yet another simply worked try through the hands gave the visitors the victory.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre