Poor run of form continues as Tabard lose to Finchley
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Tabard’s disappointing run of results continued as they fell to a third defeat in four – this one 15-12 at home to second-bottom Finchley.
The visitors scored three well-taken tries and Tabard were made to work hard in defence from the first whistle, Finchley belying their lowly position with the majority of possession for the first 20 minutes.
They got the first try in the corner but Tabard responded and a perfectly weighted kick by Jack Reilly allowed Jonny Aguila to score.
The skipper was successful with the conversion from the touch line but the lead was short lived as Finchley put the ball through the hands for a simple score and a 10-7 half-time advantage.
Again the hosts came back, Aguila getting his second after the break and from there it looked like they would pull away.
You may also want to watch:
But Finchley refused to roll over and after denying the home side, yet another simply worked try through the hands gave the visitors the victory.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 5 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 6 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 9 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 10 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival