Tabard host county girls rugby feast
TABARD RFC are hosting the Herts County Girls 7 s at their Cobden Hill Radlett ground, on Sunday, May 18. Teams from across the country will compete in the Under 18s and Under 15s
TABARD RFC are hosting the Herts County Girls 7's at their Cobden Hill Radlett ground, on Sunday, May 18.
Teams from across the country will compete in the Under 18s and Under 15s, using the event as a warm up for the National Seven-a-Sides coming later on this season.
Some of the travelling teams are Tamworth, Kettering and Worthing Stingers and local interest will be bolstered by the Saracens teams.
The competition is run on a pool system to start with, with four pools in each age group and the first pool games kick off at 11am for both age groups. After the Pool games the teams go on to the main competition finals, a bowl competition finals, and there are also runners up competitions for the third placed team.
You may also want to watch:
The games continue throughout the day, providing a feast of rugby for the young girls. The last games of the day are the two age group cup finals, the Under 15s kicking off at 3:30pm and the Under 18s at 3:55pm. Prize giving will follow the games.
As well as the rugby there will be plenty of food and drinks available for everyone and there will be plenty of parking for spectators who wish to attend.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Havin a fantastic lunch at new Turkish restaurant