Tabard gearing up for the new season
THE season kicks off for Radlett-based rugby team, Tabard, this coming Saturday, September 5, with a warm-up game against Amersham and Chiltern at their Cobden Hill ground, kick-off 3pm. This is as a prelude to the league season that kicks off at home,
THE season kicks off for Radlett-based rugby team, Tabard, this coming Saturday, September 5, with a warm-up game against Amersham and Chiltern at their Cobden Hill ground, kick-off 3pm.
This is as a prelude to the league season that kicks off at home, against London Nigerians, on the following Saturday. Last year Tabard came third in the league table after just failing to keep the momentum going at the end of the season but this year they hope to do better and to this end they have recalled coach Andy Adams. Tabard are also captained on the field again this year by Cam O'Connor.
Tabard have two strong senior teams this year but it is also a big year for the Tabard women's team, who are hoping to do well this season in their re-structured league. The women's team play on Sunday afternoons while the mini and junior teams train and play on Sunday mornings.
The youngsters play tag rugby while the older teams play the full game and often end their season with a foreign rugby tour.
You may also want to watch:
Prospective new members can check out the club's website, www.tabardrfc.com, for full details and contact instructions.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Coursers Road, London Colney: Trailer flips over
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 Marford Road, Coleman Green Lane, Wheathampstead: Motorists hospitalised after crash
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans