Tabard finish with bonus point but Old Merchant Taylors’ grab narrow win
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Tabard ended the season with a four-try bonus point but two late scores meant they left Old Merchant Taylors’ on the end of a 29-27 defeat.
The match was nip and tuck throughout with the hosts heavily reliant on their attacking full-back but Tabard proving dogged opponents who could have snatched the win with two penalties that just failed to bisect the posts.
A penalty try for Tabard after a break from Aaron Priscott and a penalty from Jack Reilly cancelled out a converted home score in the opening 10 minutes.
But they need seven points from Reilly to go into the break tied at 17-17.
Deniyi Olashore and Marcus Bunning bagged two tries for Tabard in the second half to put them ahead but the hosts did the same shortly after and with one of them converted, they held a narrow lead, one they were able to hang on to.
You may also want to watch:
Tabard finish the London Three North West season in fifth.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 10 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend