Tabard finish with bonus point but Old Merchant Taylors’ grab narrow win
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Tabard ended the season with a four-try bonus point but two late scores meant they left Old Merchant Taylors’ on the end of a 29-27 defeat.
The match was nip and tuck throughout with the hosts heavily reliant on their attacking full-back but Tabard proving dogged opponents who could have snatched the win with two penalties that just failed to bisect the posts.
A penalty try for Tabard after a break from Aaron Priscott and a penalty from Jack Reilly cancelled out a converted home score in the opening 10 minutes.
But they need seven points from Reilly to go into the break tied at 17-17.
Deniyi Olashore and Marcus Bunning bagged two tries for Tabard in the second half to put them ahead but the hosts did the same shortly after and with one of them converted, they held a narrow lead, one they were able to hang on to.
You may also want to watch:
Tabard finish the London Three North West season in fifth.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 9 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book