Tabard finish season in style with Woolford win
- Credit: Archant
Tabard finished the season on a high with a fabulous seven try haul and a comfortable 44-13 win against Woodford.
The five points helped them move up one place to ninth, leapfrogging Enfield Ignatians in the final London North West Two standings.
It had been a tight affair at the start of the season with the teams playing out a 17-17 draw and it looked like this game may follow suit.
Woodford opened the scoring with a penalty in three minutes before Tabard went over for the first try, Joe Calnan putting Tom King in close to the posts.
Jack Reilly added the conversion.
You may also want to watch:
Liam Glynn’s try-saving denied the hosts a certain score but the Radlett club were powerless shortly after as Woodford crossed for what would be their only try.
Their last points came on 26 minutes with another penalty putting them 13-7 ahead.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
Jermaine Ijeih powered over on 30 minutes to narrow the gap to one before Tabard took full control.
They opened the second half with their best try of the afternoon, the ball going through several phases before King crossed for his second.
Bill Lake finished off a move involving brother Wilf before Glynn benefitted from another Calnan pass.
Reilly converted both before adding a penalty.
A quick tap penalty by Toby Davies set up Bill Lake for his second before replacement Jonny Aguila rounded off the scoring with Tabard’s last try.