Tabard show title credentials with hard-fought Cheshunt success
- Credit: Archant
Tabard announced themselves as genuine London Three North West title challengers after a hard-fought 11-7 win over Cheshunt.
The sides were both part of a quartet who started the day with three wins from three and this success keeps the Radlett-based rugby club in the leading pack along with Old Streetonians and Finsbury Park.
The clash at Cobden Hill was ultimately settled by Tabard's game management and Jack Reilly's siege-gun boot which relieved pressure time after time.
In addition, the entire team put in a tremendous defensive effort with Marcus Bunning leading the way.
They limited the visitors to just one converted try, which came after a well-executed catch and drive just two minutes in that was finished off by John Tilley.
You may also want to watch:
Reilly kicked three points before half-time and bagged another while Tabard had a man in the sin-bin.
Injuries to Liam Glynn and Leon Weinstein were the only down side as the hosts bravely snuffed out any Cheshunt threat late on.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans