Tabard show title credentials with hard-fought Cheshunt success
- Credit: Archant
Tabard announced themselves as genuine London Three North West title challengers after a hard-fought 11-7 win over Cheshunt.
The sides were both part of a quartet who started the day with three wins from three and this success keeps the Radlett-based rugby club in the leading pack along with Old Streetonians and Finsbury Park.
The clash at Cobden Hill was ultimately settled by Tabard's game management and Jack Reilly's siege-gun boot which relieved pressure time after time.
In addition, the entire team put in a tremendous defensive effort with Marcus Bunning leading the way.
They limited the visitors to just one converted try, which came after a well-executed catch and drive just two minutes in that was finished off by John Tilley.
Reilly kicked three points before half-time and bagged another while Tabard had a man in the sin-bin.
Injuries to Liam Glynn and Leon Weinstein were the only down side as the hosts bravely snuffed out any Cheshunt threat late on.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report