Reilly’s boot kicks Tabard into second with win over Kilburn
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Tabard recovered from their first loss of the season to move second in the London Three North West table – thanks to a hard-fought 9-5 success at home to Kilburn Cosmos.
Wet conditions made life difficult for both sides with handling the major worry but it was from an offside decision that the first points came, Tabard's Jack Reilly landing the penalty.
The home side looked to be building momentum but when a cross-field kick wasn't dealt with, a fly-hack through brought what turned out to be the only try of the afternoon for Kilburn.
They could have extended their lead at the end of the half but they failed to turn territory into points and Tabard started the second period in full attack mode.
Another offside decision gave Reilly another shot at the posts, which he took, and as conditions worsened another spectacular kick from 45 metres out saw the skipper complete the scoring.
You may also want to watch:
Tabard's next game is away to OMT on November 9.
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Harpenden St George's and Old Albanian well represented in England's Six Nations squad
- 4 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 5 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 6 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 7 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 8 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 9 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 10 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part