Reilly’s boot kicks Tabard into second with win over Kilburn
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Tabard recovered from their first loss of the season to move second in the London Three North West table – thanks to a hard-fought 9-5 success at home to Kilburn Cosmos.
Wet conditions made life difficult for both sides with handling the major worry but it was from an offside decision that the first points came, Tabard's Jack Reilly landing the penalty.
The home side looked to be building momentum but when a cross-field kick wasn't dealt with, a fly-hack through brought what turned out to be the only try of the afternoon for Kilburn.
They could have extended their lead at the end of the half but they failed to turn territory into points and Tabard started the second period in full attack mode.
Another offside decision gave Reilly another shot at the posts, which he took, and as conditions worsened another spectacular kick from 45 metres out saw the skipper complete the scoring.
You may also want to watch:
Tabard's next game is away to OMT on November 9.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 6 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 7 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works