Reilly’s boot kicks Tabard into second with win over Kilburn
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Tabard recovered from their first loss of the season to move second in the London Three North West table – thanks to a hard-fought 9-5 success at home to Kilburn Cosmos.
Wet conditions made life difficult for both sides with handling the major worry but it was from an offside decision that the first points came, Tabard's Jack Reilly landing the penalty.
The home side looked to be building momentum but when a cross-field kick wasn't dealt with, a fly-hack through brought what turned out to be the only try of the afternoon for Kilburn.
They could have extended their lead at the end of the half but they failed to turn territory into points and Tabard started the second period in full attack mode.
Another offside decision gave Reilly another shot at the posts, which he took, and as conditions worsened another spectacular kick from 45 metres out saw the skipper complete the scoring.
You may also want to watch:
Tabard's next game is away to OMT on November 9.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 9 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism