Young swimming stars of St Albans reign supreme yet again at Hertfordshire championship
- Credit: Archant
St Albans District Secondary Schools swimming team continued their run of successes at the Hertfordshire Secondary Schools Inter-District Swimming Championship just days before the big sport shutdown kicked in.
The team, comprising secondary students from across the district, won the competition for the fourth year in a row.
Led by captains Lucy Jordan-Caws of St Albans Girls’ School and Harpenden St George’s Joe Richardson, the 33-strong squad won half of the events at the gala and four out the six age categories.
Hannah Brooke broke an individual record and was also part of the inter girls’ medley relay squad along with Emma Craig, Caitlin Hartley and Florence Crowley who did the same.
The final record breakers were the senior boys’ medley team of Charlie King, Daniel Martin, Thomas Jobson and Richardson.
You may also want to watch:
The district medalled in just about every event too with excellent performances from Elizabeth Standen, Cub Maddison, Megan Gray, Caitlin Hartley, and Billie Grant all coming close to records.
Ellie Holliss, Lucas Hartley, Arvin Rodriguez, Oscar Brice, and Oliver Blight also achieved wins in their events.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
Team manager Andrew Ellis said: “This success is down to excellent contributions from the whole team.”