Swimming: Harpenden promoted to HML Division Two
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Swimming Club’s B team will be plying its trade in division two of the Herts Major League after winning division three.
The competition is conducted over three sessions, and HSC won the first two rounds and came second on Saturday, in part because they had a depleted team as some of the A team were injured.
HSC’s A team competed in division one and came nineth out of 12 clubs, meaning they will keep their place in the top flight for next season.
Annie Thompson, head coach at HSC said: “We had a successful major league as HSC A team retained its division one status for the eighth consecutive year, and HSC B team gained promotion.
“All the swimmers should be really proud of their achievements. We’re now looking forward to the County Championships as over 30 HSC swimmers will be competing in events.”
You may also want to watch:
HSC’s members trained for the upcoming county championships spending a week at camp at Bath University in February, where they swam for four hours a day. They also got to watch international swimmers such as Olympic silver medallist Michael Jamieson in action.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 6 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 7 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works