Swimming: Harpenden promoted to HML Division Two
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Swimming Club’s B team will be plying its trade in division two of the Herts Major League after winning division three.
The competition is conducted over three sessions, and HSC won the first two rounds and came second on Saturday, in part because they had a depleted team as some of the A team were injured.
HSC’s A team competed in division one and came nineth out of 12 clubs, meaning they will keep their place in the top flight for next season.
Annie Thompson, head coach at HSC said: “We had a successful major league as HSC A team retained its division one status for the eighth consecutive year, and HSC B team gained promotion.
“All the swimmers should be really proud of their achievements. We’re now looking forward to the County Championships as over 30 HSC swimmers will be competing in events.”
You may also want to watch:
HSC’s members trained for the upcoming county championships spending a week at camp at Bath University in February, where they swam for four hours a day. They also got to watch international swimmers such as Olympic silver medallist Michael Jamieson in action.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans