Swimming: Harpenden promoted to HML Division Two
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Swimming Club’s B team will be plying its trade in division two of the Herts Major League after winning division three.
The competition is conducted over three sessions, and HSC won the first two rounds and came second on Saturday, in part because they had a depleted team as some of the A team were injured.
HSC’s A team competed in division one and came nineth out of 12 clubs, meaning they will keep their place in the top flight for next season.
Annie Thompson, head coach at HSC said: “We had a successful major league as HSC A team retained its division one status for the eighth consecutive year, and HSC B team gained promotion.
“All the swimmers should be really proud of their achievements. We’re now looking forward to the County Championships as over 30 HSC swimmers will be competing in events.”
HSC’s members trained for the upcoming county championships spending a week at camp at Bath University in February, where they swam for four hours a day. They also got to watch international swimmers such as Olympic silver medallist Michael Jamieson in action.
- 1 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 7 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins