Swimming: CoStA take first and second in Herts Major League round two
City of St Albans Swimming Club’s A team won round two of the Herts Major League.
Held at Potters Bar, CoStA demonstrated its growing strength with an impressive all-round team performance, resulting in first or second places in the majority of events.
CoStA led from the start and finished the night in first place with 109 points, ahead of Bishops Stortford in second place with 136 points.
It was the second victory in a row for CoStA and it places the club in a very strong position going into the final round on March 8.
In the same competition, the B team swam at Hemel Hempstead Club and they came second with 134 points, 20 behind Cheshunt A team.
You may also want to watch:
The winners on the day were: Callum Keane (100m backstroke); Ross Ferriera (U16 100m free); Emma Brooks (U14 50m fly); and Tom Toland (U14 100m backstroke). The girls’ and boys’ U12 and U16 teams won the free medley relays, as did the U14 boys’ team.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 6 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre