Swimming: CoStA take first and second in Herts Major League round two
City of St Albans Swimming Club’s A team won round two of the Herts Major League.
Held at Potters Bar, CoStA demonstrated its growing strength with an impressive all-round team performance, resulting in first or second places in the majority of events.
CoStA led from the start and finished the night in first place with 109 points, ahead of Bishops Stortford in second place with 136 points.
It was the second victory in a row for CoStA and it places the club in a very strong position going into the final round on March 8.
In the same competition, the B team swam at Hemel Hempstead Club and they came second with 134 points, 20 behind Cheshunt A team.
You may also want to watch:
The winners on the day were: Callum Keane (100m backstroke); Ross Ferriera (U16 100m free); Emma Brooks (U14 50m fly); and Tom Toland (U14 100m backstroke). The girls’ and boys’ U12 and U16 teams won the free medley relays, as did the U14 boys’ team.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall