Surrey lift Pearson Trophy at Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Surrey won the 2015 Pearson Trophy at Harpenden Golf Club, beating Hertfordshire in the final.
The Pearson Trophy is an open competition for female members of club’s affiliated with England Golf in Herts, Kent, Surrey and Middlesex.
Herts beat Kent in the morning match to set up a final with Surrey, who overcame Middlesex.
Surrey took a 3-1 lead before Herts cut the deficit to one with an 18th-hole decider. Herts couldn’t capitalise and level the game though, losing on the final hole in the final game to confirm a 4-2 win for Surrey.
Catherine Hall, Hertfordshire Pearson manager, said: “I cannot thank Harpenden Golf Club enough for the wonderful help that I had from so many members of the club and from all the staff. Particular thanks have to go to the green staff headed by Neil Robson, who had had such a job repairing all the bunkers which had been damaged by the terrible storms.
You may also want to watch:
“Some bunkers had almost to be rebuilt and the green staff worked tirelessly to get the course into the wonderful condition it was and all the bunkers back in play.
“It has been another good Pearson year in Hertfordshire and my thanks to all the Captains and their teams who played many matches and helped to complete the season on time.”
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues