Surrey lift Pearson Trophy at Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Surrey won the 2015 Pearson Trophy at Harpenden Golf Club, beating Hertfordshire in the final.
The Pearson Trophy is an open competition for female members of club’s affiliated with England Golf in Herts, Kent, Surrey and Middlesex.
Herts beat Kent in the morning match to set up a final with Surrey, who overcame Middlesex.
Surrey took a 3-1 lead before Herts cut the deficit to one with an 18th-hole decider. Herts couldn’t capitalise and level the game though, losing on the final hole in the final game to confirm a 4-2 win for Surrey.
Catherine Hall, Hertfordshire Pearson manager, said: “I cannot thank Harpenden Golf Club enough for the wonderful help that I had from so many members of the club and from all the staff. Particular thanks have to go to the green staff headed by Neil Robson, who had had such a job repairing all the bunkers which had been damaged by the terrible storms.
You may also want to watch:
“Some bunkers had almost to be rebuilt and the green staff worked tirelessly to get the course into the wonderful condition it was and all the bunkers back in play.
“It has been another good Pearson year in Hertfordshire and my thanks to all the Captains and their teams who played many matches and helped to complete the season on time.”
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images