Supporter group paves the way for Thomas signing
- Credit: Archant
Defensive midfielder Scott Thomas is the latest new arrival at Clarence Park following his move from Conference South Play-Off winners Boreham Wood.
The dependable former Watford and Chesham United youngster was an integral part of Ian Allinson’s promotion clinching team last season.
He is the second signing this week, following the arrival of Louie Theophanous on Wednesday.
Saints Chairman Nick Archer was quick to praise supporters group ‘Stand by Your Saints’ and its ‘Boost the Budget’ scheme for assisting the club in the market this week.
“We have acquired two fantastic footballers for the club over the past 48 hours and I have to go on record by thanking ‘Stand By Your Saints’ for its help, without which, these deals would almost certainly not have been possible,” he told the club’s website.
You may also want to watch:
“This shows the validity of the ‘Boost the Budget’ initiative and we hope that many more supporters will sign up for this over the next few weeks so we can continue to improve the squad.”
Joint manager James Gray added: “Scott is the type of player we have been looking for; his style of play in front of the back four will enable the more creative players to get forward and influence the game.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 7 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 8 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 9 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
“I am really pleased that Scott chose St Albans when he had other offers on the table.”