Super six for Verulamians as Barnet are bested
- Credit: Archant
Verulamians kept pace with the league’s top sides with a sixth successive win.
The 38-15 success at Barnet Elizabethans moved Vees to within four points of London Welsh Amateurs in third and nine of the promotion spots in Herts Middlesex One.
They racked up five tries on their way, Sam Allen getting two of them and Tim Rangihuna, Ben Russell and Cameron Craig the others.
Russell also added all five conversions as well as a penalty.
Despite the sunshine the pitch was waterlogged in parts making foot placement and passing treacherous at times.
You may also want to watch:
But the Verulamians’ forwards were in fine form, swooping on any loose ball and rucking remorselessly.
James Hayes at wing forward and hooker Harry Mack ensured that tight play and sharp tackling snuffed out Barnet’s attacks.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
The second half saw more of the same with the interplay between backs and forwards threatening to bring even more rewards.
The Vees management will be looking for more of the same when they travel to London French on Saturday.
The seconds strengthened their position at the top of their Herts Merit table with a 14-7 win at Cuffley.