Super Saints march ever closer to National League South safety with Havant rout
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City stormed to a 6-0 victory over Havant & Waterlooville at Clarence Park to move a step closer to Vanarama National League South safety.
They were four up by half-time thanks to goals from Ben Martin, Louie Theophanous, Michael Thalassitis and Charlie MacDonald.
Skipper Sam Corcoran and a second from Thalassitis completed the win.
The match was billed as their biggest game of the season against fellow strugglers but it didn’t prove to be a problem.
The result puts City into 18th place, two points clear of Hayes & Yeading United in the final relegation spot.
You may also want to watch:
Saints final two league games of the season sees them travel to Wealdstone this Saturday before rounding off the campaign back at Clarence Park against Dartford on April 30.
Photographers Leigh Page and Bob Walkley were also in fine form on Saturday as our picture gallery shows.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 6 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 7 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
Vanarama National League South (bottom):
15.Eastbourne Borough 47 points
16.Bath City 47
18.ST ALBANS CITY 45
20.Hayes & Yeading United 43
21.Havant & Waterlooville 42
22.Basingstoke 32 (R)