Super Saints march ever closer to National League South safety with Havant rout
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City stormed to a 6-0 victory over Havant & Waterlooville at Clarence Park to move a step closer to Vanarama National League South safety.
They were four up by half-time thanks to goals from Ben Martin, Louie Theophanous, Michael Thalassitis and Charlie MacDonald.
Skipper Sam Corcoran and a second from Thalassitis completed the win.
The match was billed as their biggest game of the season against fellow strugglers but it didn’t prove to be a problem.
The result puts City into 18th place, two points clear of Hayes & Yeading United in the final relegation spot.
Saints final two league games of the season sees them travel to Wealdstone this Saturday before rounding off the campaign back at Clarence Park against Dartford on April 30.
Photographers Leigh Page and Bob Walkley were also in fine form on Saturday as our picture gallery shows.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 5 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 6 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 7 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
Vanarama National League South (bottom):
15.Eastbourne Borough 47 points
16.Bath City 47
18.ST ALBANS CITY 45
20.Hayes & Yeading United 43
21.Havant & Waterlooville 42
22.Basingstoke 32 (R)