Super Saints march ever closer to National League South safety with Havant rout
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City stormed to a 6-0 victory over Havant & Waterlooville at Clarence Park to move a step closer to Vanarama National League South safety.
They were four up by half-time thanks to goals from Ben Martin, Louie Theophanous, Michael Thalassitis and Charlie MacDonald.
Skipper Sam Corcoran and a second from Thalassitis completed the win.
The match was billed as their biggest game of the season against fellow strugglers but it didn’t prove to be a problem.
The result puts City into 18th place, two points clear of Hayes & Yeading United in the final relegation spot.
You may also want to watch:
Saints final two league games of the season sees them travel to Wealdstone this Saturday before rounding off the campaign back at Clarence Park against Dartford on April 30.
Photographers Leigh Page and Bob Walkley were also in fine form on Saturday as our picture gallery shows.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
Vanarama National League South (bottom):
15.Eastbourne Borough 47 points
16.Bath City 47
18.ST ALBANS CITY 45
20.Hayes & Yeading United 43
21.Havant & Waterlooville 42
22.Basingstoke 32 (R)