Super chance for young Centurions at Harlequins
TWO young rugby league prospects have been selected to join the scholarship programme for a top Engage Super League XIII outfit. St Albans Centurions duo George Gower (Under 16s) and Aaron Exley (Under 13s) have been selected for the Harlequins RL
TWO young rugby league prospects have been selected to join the scholarship programme for a top Engage Super League XIII outfit.
St Albans Centurions duo George Gower (Under 16s) and Aaron Exley (Under 13s) have been selected for the Harlequins RL Academy Scholarship programme for 2009.
George, who attends Townsend School in St Albans was selected after his impressive displays representing London and the South in regional competitions. Aaron, who attends Beaumont School in St Albans, was selected from the young hopefuls who attended a two-day trial at Quins.
Centurions Head coach Shane Rampling praised the duo. He said: "They are two of the nicest lads you could meet and they love their rugby league. The good thing from our point of view is that they will be getting training and coaching from a professional Rugby League club but still be able to play for Centurions.
You may also want to watch:
"Not only is it an enormous achievement for these boys, who have only been playing rugby league for a year, but also for the club to have produced two such outstanding players.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden