Sunday League: Arms close in on Division Three title
- Credit: Archant
In a double-header, Blacksmiths Arms took four points from Brookmans Park Reserves and almost clinched the Division Three title.
In the first game honours ended even. Arms took the lead through Dean Skipsey only for Park to level through Dan Hart late in the game.
In the second game it was a stalemate in the opening half, but once Arms edged ahead in the second half they never looked back and ran out 3-0 winners. Arms goals came from their man of the match Dan Lovell (two) and Skipsey.
They had to play relegated club Marshalswick Rovers yesterday (Wednesday).
Wheathampstead beat Marshalswick Rovers 4-1 with goals came from Lee Bennett (two), Duncan Gray, and James Lynch. Andrew Saunders hit a late consolation goal for Rovers.
You may also want to watch:
Cottonmill and Oaks Res shared the spoils in a 3-3 draw. Tim Crouch was in inspired form for the Mill, netting all three goals. Oaks reply came from Paul Carsons, Ian Shaw and Cameron Webb.
DIVISION FIVE: George Redbourn brought the season to a close with an 8-0 win against Bricket Wood. The goals came from man of the match Aaron Goldsmith (two), Alex Dearman, Sean Flatherty, Lee Goldsmith, Ben Hutton, Casey Pearce and Liam Picton.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 7 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 8 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 9 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash