Sunday League: Arms close in on Division Three title
- Credit: Archant
In a double-header, Blacksmiths Arms took four points from Brookmans Park Reserves and almost clinched the Division Three title.
In the first game honours ended even. Arms took the lead through Dean Skipsey only for Park to level through Dan Hart late in the game.
In the second game it was a stalemate in the opening half, but once Arms edged ahead in the second half they never looked back and ran out 3-0 winners. Arms goals came from their man of the match Dan Lovell (two) and Skipsey.
They had to play relegated club Marshalswick Rovers yesterday (Wednesday).
Wheathampstead beat Marshalswick Rovers 4-1 with goals came from Lee Bennett (two), Duncan Gray, and James Lynch. Andrew Saunders hit a late consolation goal for Rovers.
You may also want to watch:
Cottonmill and Oaks Res shared the spoils in a 3-3 draw. Tim Crouch was in inspired form for the Mill, netting all three goals. Oaks reply came from Paul Carsons, Ian Shaw and Cameron Webb.
DIVISION FIVE: George Redbourn brought the season to a close with an 8-0 win against Bricket Wood. The goals came from man of the match Aaron Goldsmith (two), Alex Dearman, Sean Flatherty, Lee Goldsmith, Ben Hutton, Casey Pearce and Liam Picton.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 8 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 'Witty, dramatic and rewarding' Skylight set for Abbey Theatre in St Albans