Successful weekend for St Albans Hockey Club
- Credit: Archant
There was success throughout for St Albans Hockey Club this weekend.
The Ladies’ 1st team came from 1-0 down against Hampstead & Westminster to win 2-1 in a tough game at Oaklands on Saturday.
The 2nds travelled to Wapping and drew 2-2, putting them in joint-second position in the East of England Premier League.
Jo Martin and Fiona Mulder got their goals.
The 3rds won 2-0 against Welwyn Garden City after Lexi Hamilton and Liz Cleverly both scored for the Tangerines.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday the Ladies’ Over 35s thrashed Ipswich 6-0 in the England cup competition and will play in the quarter-final in February.
Liz Cleverly got three, Sarah Embrey two, and there was one for Ann-Marie Davenport.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Coursers Road, London Colney: Trailer flips over
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
The Men’s 1st team fired six past Saffron Walden in a 6-1 win. The 2nds drew 1-1 with Bromley & Beckenham while the 3rds also beat Bromley & Beckenham, this time 5-0.
The 5ths won 3-0 against Blueharts while the 6th team drew 1-1 with Bishop’s Stortford.
The 7ths and 8ths lost 2-1 and 3-0 against Cheshunt and Berkhamsted respectively while the 9ths drew 3-3 with Rickmansworth.
The Praetorians won 6-2 against Bromley and Beckenham Ravens.