Successful weekend for St Albans Hockey Club
- Credit: Archant
There was success throughout for St Albans Hockey Club this weekend.
The Ladies’ 1st team came from 1-0 down against Hampstead & Westminster to win 2-1 in a tough game at Oaklands on Saturday.
The 2nds travelled to Wapping and drew 2-2, putting them in joint-second position in the East of England Premier League.
Jo Martin and Fiona Mulder got their goals.
The 3rds won 2-0 against Welwyn Garden City after Lexi Hamilton and Liz Cleverly both scored for the Tangerines.
On Sunday the Ladies’ Over 35s thrashed Ipswich 6-0 in the England cup competition and will play in the quarter-final in February.
Liz Cleverly got three, Sarah Embrey two, and there was one for Ann-Marie Davenport.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 6 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 7 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 8 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 9 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 10 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
The Men’s 1st team fired six past Saffron Walden in a 6-1 win. The 2nds drew 1-1 with Bromley & Beckenham while the 3rds also beat Bromley & Beckenham, this time 5-0.
The 5ths won 3-0 against Blueharts while the 6th team drew 1-1 with Bishop’s Stortford.
The 7ths and 8ths lost 2-1 and 3-0 against Cheshunt and Berkhamsted respectively while the 9ths drew 3-3 with Rickmansworth.
The Praetorians won 6-2 against Bromley and Beckenham Ravens.