Successful weekend for St Albans Hockey Club
- Credit: Archant
There was success throughout for St Albans Hockey Club this weekend.
The Ladies’ 1st team came from 1-0 down against Hampstead & Westminster to win 2-1 in a tough game at Oaklands on Saturday.
The 2nds travelled to Wapping and drew 2-2, putting them in joint-second position in the East of England Premier League.
Jo Martin and Fiona Mulder got their goals.
The 3rds won 2-0 against Welwyn Garden City after Lexi Hamilton and Liz Cleverly both scored for the Tangerines.
On Sunday the Ladies’ Over 35s thrashed Ipswich 6-0 in the England cup competition and will play in the quarter-final in February.
Liz Cleverly got three, Sarah Embrey two, and there was one for Ann-Marie Davenport.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 10 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
The Men’s 1st team fired six past Saffron Walden in a 6-1 win. The 2nds drew 1-1 with Bromley & Beckenham while the 3rds also beat Bromley & Beckenham, this time 5-0.
The 5ths won 3-0 against Blueharts while the 6th team drew 1-1 with Bishop’s Stortford.
The 7ths and 8ths lost 2-1 and 3-0 against Cheshunt and Berkhamsted respectively while the 9ths drew 3-3 with Rickmansworth.
The Praetorians won 6-2 against Bromley and Beckenham Ravens.