Success for Verulam cyclists
- Credit: Archant
Verulam Reallymoving Racing Team had success across the ages in their latest outings.
Beth Watson, 11, won the youth points race at the Welwyn Friday League, as Jamie Maxen took five-lap points race honours.
Clay Davies finished 10th in the Eastern Road Race Championship, up against top outfits such as Team Wiggins, who boasted race winner Rhys Howells.
James Hedley-Smith also took part in the event near Saffron Walden, which began with a four-mile neutralised zone and began slowly, with a break forming on lap two.
The Verulam duo were in the chasing group and a big crash on a climb at halfway split the field.
You may also want to watch:
Hedley-Smith was caught behind but still managed a top-half finish, while Davies sneaked through and won a bunch kick to claim his top-10 placing.
Michael Parry was second in the Elite/1/2 race at Hillingdon, with Jared Millar sixth at Arncott.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans