Success for Verulam cyclists
- Credit: Archant
Verulam Reallymoving Racing Team had success across the ages in their latest outings.
Beth Watson, 11, won the youth points race at the Welwyn Friday League, as Jamie Maxen took five-lap points race honours.
Clay Davies finished 10th in the Eastern Road Race Championship, up against top outfits such as Team Wiggins, who boasted race winner Rhys Howells.
James Hedley-Smith also took part in the event near Saffron Walden, which began with a four-mile neutralised zone and began slowly, with a break forming on lap two.
The Verulam duo were in the chasing group and a big crash on a climb at halfway split the field.
You may also want to watch:
Hedley-Smith was caught behind but still managed a top-half finish, while Davies sneaked through and won a bunch kick to claim his top-10 placing.
Michael Parry was second in the Elite/1/2 race at Hillingdon, with Jared Millar sixth at Arncott.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 7 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 8 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 9 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash