Success for Harpenden Arrows Running Club
- Credit: Archant
HARPENDEN Arrows turned in a stellar performance at The Sunday League cross country, securing first and second in the men’s and women’s races.
Over 30 Arrows members turned up throughout the winter for all of the league’s five races, with many turning up for four or more to be eligible for individual awards.
The Arrows ladies A, B and Masters teams each came second in their respective categories whilst the men managed to win first place for their B team.
Individual achievements included: first place for Georgie Hamilton in the Ladies 65+ category, Hannah Turner second in the Senior Women and Jennifer Finlay fourth in the ladies master.
Simon Speirs achieved second in the Masters for the men, with a number of other men achieving top 10 places within their categories.
Speirs also came fourth overall and won the Vets age group category at the Berkhamstead Half Marathon on Sunday. He completed the 13.1 mile race in 1hr 18mins over a very hilly and difficult course.
Over the weekend a number of other Arrows members were racing either at Berkshamstead or Silverstone half marathon across the county with all runners achieving great results and many personal best times.
- 1 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 2 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 5 Batchwood Golf Course to be redesigned after houses hit by balls
- 6 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 7 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 8 St Albans haberdashery store celebrates 50 years
- 9 Future of Harpenden Public Halls site revealed
- 10 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
Harpenden Arrows Running Club welcome all levels of runners and meet at 7.30pm every Tuesday and Thursday at St Georges School Sports Center, Sun Lane. For more details visit www.harpendenarrows.co.uk