Success for Harpenden Arrows Running Club
- Credit: Archant
HARPENDEN Arrows turned in a stellar performance at The Sunday League cross country, securing first and second in the men’s and women’s races.
Over 30 Arrows members turned up throughout the winter for all of the league’s five races, with many turning up for four or more to be eligible for individual awards.
The Arrows ladies A, B and Masters teams each came second in their respective categories whilst the men managed to win first place for their B team.
Individual achievements included: first place for Georgie Hamilton in the Ladies 65+ category, Hannah Turner second in the Senior Women and Jennifer Finlay fourth in the ladies master.
Simon Speirs achieved second in the Masters for the men, with a number of other men achieving top 10 places within their categories.
You may also want to watch:
Speirs also came fourth overall and won the Vets age group category at the Berkhamstead Half Marathon on Sunday. He completed the 13.1 mile race in 1hr 18mins over a very hilly and difficult course.
Over the weekend a number of other Arrows members were racing either at Berkshamstead or Silverstone half marathon across the county with all runners achieving great results and many personal best times.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 10 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
Harpenden Arrows Running Club welcome all levels of runners and meet at 7.30pm every Tuesday and Thursday at St Georges School Sports Center, Sun Lane. For more details visit www.harpendenarrows.co.uk