Stylish Harpenden put on a show as West Herts are put to the sword
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
Harpenden’s season roared into life as their batsman put on a show in the 65-run victory against West Herts.
It was the Common-based cricket club's first win of the SHCL Premier Division season and came in style.
They won the toss and the decision of Nick Lamb to bat first proved decisive.
Not least for the skipper himself who opened the batting and was still there at the end after amassing 117 not out from the 143 deliveries faced.
That knock saw him hit 11 fours, a figure beaten by Jake Pankhurst who joined him early on and smashed 14 boundaries in a fine innings of 93.
You may also want to watch:
Between them the pair enjoyed a second-wicket stand of 190 and even after Parkhurst was out leg before, Neil Dexter continued his good work with a swashbuckling 56.
In reply West Herts were always behind their chase of Harpenden's 289-3 and they fell well short, Neil Dexter, Aaron Burrage, William Downes and Scott Galloway all scooping two wickets for the hosts.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school