Students show skills at Herts Schools Champs
MARSHALSWICK students attended the Hertfordshire Schools Championships held at the Berkhamsted sports centre in June. Verulam School took the senior school shield with superb wins by Jak Hamilton taking the gold in the boys under 50 kilo group and
MARSHALSWICK students attended the Hertfordshire Schools Championships held at the Berkhamsted sports centre in June.
Verulam School took the senior school shield with superb wins by Jak Hamilton taking the gold in the boys under 50 kilo group and Lyle Stewart taking silver in the boys under 46 kilo group.
There were some outstanding displays of judo from Mareike Stewart, of St Albans Girls School, and Jemma O'Dwyer, of Beaumont, in the junior girls under 52 kilo final with the contest going to golden score. The referee's verdict went in favour of Jemma who took the gold and Marieke taking the silver.
Students from Skyswood school put up some brilliant, and hard fought contests coming third out of 59 Junior schools with medals for Jodie Collins, taking gold in the girls under 40 kilos, Amy Tissington, taking silver in the girls under 40 kilos, Emily Mair, silver medal in the girls under 36 kilos, Charlie Tissington, bronze in the under 34 kilos, Jarrad Kenworthy, bronze in the under 34 kilos, Daniel Mair, bronze in the under 42 kilos. With some outstanding displays and just out of the medals for Skyswood were Steven Branch, Luke Collins, Tom Hirst, Alex Cleaver.
You may also want to watch:
Representing Wheatfields School was Sophie Hodgekiss taking silver in a hard fought contest in the under 32 kilos.
Students from Sandringham School were Simon Irwin in the boys under 50 kilos taking silver, Andrew Waring taking silver in the under-55 kilos Keiran Hodgekiss taking bronze in the under 38 kilos.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
Liam Campion claimed bronze for Beaumont School in the boys under 50 kilos.
The students were congratulated by Sensei Doug Seabrook for all their hard work and effort at the championships.
Jemma O'Dwyer has gained her Junior Blue belt at the recent grading held in Bedford and she also takes the plaudits from her club.