Humble Strudwick thanks GPN Builders Rock and Road team after taking third in Milton Keynes
- Credit: Archant
Adam Strudwick has hailed his team-mates after they delivered him to a first podium place in a national cycling event.
The GPN Builders Rock & Road Bikes racing cyclist battled to third place in the national race at round five of the MK Bowl Spring Series.
His efforts were boosted by the work done by team-mates Clay Davies, Marcel Six and Michael Parry.
And with Strudwick battling it out in the break ahead, the rest made sure the gap remained.
Strudwick said: “It was amazing to see the GPN-R&R team work so well together and for all the guys to sacrifice their chances behind me was something I haven’t been part of before.
You may also want to watch:
“It only motivates me to keep on improving and one day return the favour.”
Matt Watson had started the day off well by claiming sixth place in the category three and four race.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
That is enough to propel the talented youngster ever closer to the much desired cat two license.