Humble Strudwick thanks GPN Builders Rock and Road team after taking third in Milton Keynes
- Credit: Archant
Adam Strudwick has hailed his team-mates after they delivered him to a first podium place in a national cycling event.
The GPN Builders Rock & Road Bikes racing cyclist battled to third place in the national race at round five of the MK Bowl Spring Series.
His efforts were boosted by the work done by team-mates Clay Davies, Marcel Six and Michael Parry.
And with Strudwick battling it out in the break ahead, the rest made sure the gap remained.
Strudwick said: “It was amazing to see the GPN-R&R team work so well together and for all the guys to sacrifice their chances behind me was something I haven’t been part of before.
“It only motivates me to keep on improving and one day return the favour.”
Matt Watson had started the day off well by claiming sixth place in the category three and four race.
- 1 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 2 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 3 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 4 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
- 5 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 6 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 7 Police ‘concerned’ as 25-year-old goes missing from Stevenage
- 8 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Hertfordshire
- 9 FULL RESULTS: Lib Dem landslide in St Albans council elections
- 10 Van and tools stolen by balaclava-clad men in St Albans
That is enough to propel the talented youngster ever closer to the much desired cat two license.