Humble Strudwick thanks GPN Builders Rock and Road team after taking third in Milton Keynes
- Credit: Archant
Adam Strudwick has hailed his team-mates after they delivered him to a first podium place in a national cycling event.
The GPN Builders Rock & Road Bikes racing cyclist battled to third place in the national race at round five of the MK Bowl Spring Series.
His efforts were boosted by the work done by team-mates Clay Davies, Marcel Six and Michael Parry.
And with Strudwick battling it out in the break ahead, the rest made sure the gap remained.
Strudwick said: “It was amazing to see the GPN-R&R team work so well together and for all the guys to sacrifice their chances behind me was something I haven’t been part of before.
“It only motivates me to keep on improving and one day return the favour.”
Matt Watson had started the day off well by claiming sixth place in the category three and four race.
- 1 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 2 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 3 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 4 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 5 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
- 6 Boreham Wood 4-0 St Albans City: FA Cup fairy tale comes to an end for The Saints
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 8 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 9 Gift shop's £20K donation to cancer charity
- 10 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
That is enough to propel the talented youngster ever closer to the much desired cat two license.