Strong start to CoStA’s title defence
Current Herts Major League Division One champions, City of St Albans Swimming Club A team, started the defence of their title in style in Borehamwood on Saturday night.
CoStA finished first on the night with 108 points, followed by Hoddesdon with 148 points and Berkhamsted with 149 points. This was the first team gala under new head coach Mike Cole and the team put on a fantastic all round performance.
Over the course of the evening, there were 22 first places and 12 second places, highlighting the strength of the squad. From the youngest swimmers in the U12 category to the Open age category, there were some excellent individual and relay swims.
The result puts the A team in a very strong position going into round two, which takes place on February 7.
CoStA B Team was in top form on Saturday night. Competing in the first round of the Hertfordshire Major League Gala at Hitchin, they put in a strong performance from the start. After 12 races they led with a comfortable 11 points and continued to swim with style to achieve first or second places in the vast majority of events.
You may also want to watch:
CoStA B team, particularly in the fiercely fought relays, ably demonstrated the depth of skill across all ages. They finished the night with 83 points, followed by Hertsmere Flyers with 168 points, closely chased by Royston on 170.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 8 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Our local wildlife needs your voice!