Strong second half showing sets up comfortable win for Tabard U13s
Tabard U13s 43 Barnet U13s 15 A CONVINCING second half display saw Tabard U13s run out comfortable winners against their counterparts from Barnet. The first half of the was a closely fought affair. The Barnet forwards had the edge in both scrums and ruck
Tabard U13s 43 Barnet U13s 15
A CONVINCING second half display saw Tabard U13s run out comfortable winners against their counterparts from Barnet.
The first half of the was a closely fought affair. The Barnet forwards had the edge in both scrums and rucks and they tackled well, making it difficult for Tabard to use the ball when they did get possession, but outside centre Josh Breeze scored after 12 minutes play.
Barnet replied with a try five minutes later but with only a minute or so of the first half remaining, lock Daniel Holmes made a strong run to score, converted by George Gough, to give Tabard a 12-5 interval lead.
You may also want to watch:
Barnet came back strongly at the start of the second half, catching Tabard napping with two tries in quick succession, putting Barnet into a 15-12 lead.
However, Tabard's strong running was beginning to tire Barnet's forwards, who were having to make a lot of tackles on some big ball carriers. The extra space this created was exploited to good effect by Tabard who scored an unanswered series of five tries, including another hat trick of tries for Breeze, one for fly half Sam Griffiths and a final score for Holmes, who used his size and strength intelligently and made a big impact on the game. Three second-half tries were converted by Jordan Harknett to give Tabard a 43-15 win.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
Tabard are always keen to recruit new players and there will be an Open Day for the Minis section (boys and girls from School years three to year 7 inclusive) at 10.30am on Sunday, November 29.
All are welcome to come and give rugby a try, or even just to come and see what it is about.