Strong second half showing sets up comfortable win for Tabard U13s
Tabard U13s 43 Barnet U13s 15 A CONVINCING second half display saw Tabard U13s run out comfortable winners against their counterparts from Barnet. The first half of the was a closely fought affair. The Barnet forwards had the edge in both scrums and ruck
Tabard U13s 43 Barnet U13s 15
A CONVINCING second half display saw Tabard U13s run out comfortable winners against their counterparts from Barnet.
The first half of the was a closely fought affair. The Barnet forwards had the edge in both scrums and rucks and they tackled well, making it difficult for Tabard to use the ball when they did get possession, but outside centre Josh Breeze scored after 12 minutes play.
Barnet replied with a try five minutes later but with only a minute or so of the first half remaining, lock Daniel Holmes made a strong run to score, converted by George Gough, to give Tabard a 12-5 interval lead.
Barnet came back strongly at the start of the second half, catching Tabard napping with two tries in quick succession, putting Barnet into a 15-12 lead.
However, Tabard's strong running was beginning to tire Barnet's forwards, who were having to make a lot of tackles on some big ball carriers. The extra space this created was exploited to good effect by Tabard who scored an unanswered series of five tries, including another hat trick of tries for Breeze, one for fly half Sam Griffiths and a final score for Holmes, who used his size and strength intelligently and made a big impact on the game. Three second-half tries were converted by Jordan Harknett to give Tabard a 43-15 win.
- 1 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 2 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 3 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 4 Motorcyclist in serious but stable condition after B556 London Colney crash
- 5 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 6 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 7 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 8 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 9 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 10 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
Tabard are always keen to recruit new players and there will be an Open Day for the Minis section (boys and girls from School years three to year 7 inclusive) at 10.30am on Sunday, November 29.
All are welcome to come and give rugby a try, or even just to come and see what it is about.